Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Interactive whiteboard


I feel that the interactive whiteboards enhance teaching because they are interactive and the students can come to the board and answer questions or play games that will tell them the right answer in the end.  Learning to actually use the smart board was not hard; the hard part was creating the lesson.  Each button does something and all the commands were new.  One problem I had was I would forget to click on the arrow hand after I made a text box or added a shape and would then make a new box or shape. 

Pros: I feel that the interactive whiteboards will help keep students interested because there are so many ways to use then that the students won’t get board and will always be wondering what is on the next slide. 

Cons: The interactive whiteboards can be distracting when teaching and can take away from the learning and focus more on games if the teacher is not careful about what they are using it for.  Also if a teacher is using it all the time it may be hard for the students to go back to just a lecture style lesson.

In the science lesson I could use the smart board as a way to show the steps of a process, I could use it to match things or find places on a map.

No comments:

Post a Comment